Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Wildflowers

Today's blogpost brought to you by the sunlight streaming through the window, the sound of the Wailin' Jennys singing and strumming on my Pandora, and the sweet scent of a Maple Pumpkin candle burning close by.

Today has been up and down, but the ups have been great! Opened all the mail! Did all the dishes! Vacuumed etc! I have to lie down between these exertions of energy, but I'm so proud to say for the first time in probably weeks there is nothing on the counter or in the sink waiting to be washed.

Last night I watched a very good movie called Carrie Pilby, about a 19-year-old Harvard graduate who begins to re-examine her ethics and standards for relationships. Especially enjoyable because it takes place in NYC around Christmastime. And quite relevant to me personally because  in my online class we just learned about Hume's approach to ethics, that he finds morality in human sentiment (feeling, compassion, empathy) rather than some kind of born-in rational nature of humanity. Reason is a slave to the passions! So long, Plato and Aristotle. Welcome to Modern Ethics. :)

Might ride the bike again tonight if I have energy after my online lecture.

Hoping to go to my campus ministry's (The Inclusive Collective) retreat at Wesley Woods this weekend. Expecting some major weather shifts over the next couple days. Prayers and good vibes appreciated that my body behaves and I can go (along with others in our group who have chronic illnesses).

"You belong somewhere you feel free"
love,
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment