Friday, October 25, 2019

All the Hugs

Today was better than average in terms of pain, but pretty much spent glued to the couch. I've been bingeing the BBC series "Land Girls" about British women working on the countryside in World War II. I love the hats and coats. I would love to inject my wardrobe with inspiration from 1940s women's outerwear. So classy.

Today I found out that I HAVE THE MOST AMAZING FRIENDS. The C family came over to visit me and to hang out and give me lots of cuddles and food. It was so fun to hang out and color with D and E, who wore their Halloween costumes and looked quite snazzy as a cat and a tiger. My fridge and freezer are packed with chili cooked with superfoods and love by C and S. I am plumb tuckered out after our time together, but so deeply moved by the C family's generosity and kindness, and just their ability and willingness to be present in the midst of my feeling crummy. We laughed, we ate, colored, we pounced on furniture. Feeling very loved.

love & spoons,
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment