Thursday, October 24, 2019

Exploring Options

I've scarcely left my apartment in a week, but today was the first day I've cried.

Screens and reading are difficult. Lots of headaches, dizziness, feeling like my eyes are crossing or seeing double. Today I sent an email to my bosses at work that the time has come for us to look into what it might look like for me to take a leave of absence. Just another loosening of my grip on control, on normalcy. Diving headfirst into the familiar unknown. I've been here before. Just not for a long while.

Leaning into discomfort. Stretching my muscles of introspection.

I am a human being.
Not a human doing.
Not a human planning.
I am a human.
I am not my illness.
I am not my illness.

I am not broken.
I am whole.

and wholly God's,
unafraid of tomorrow
for I am held
by the Source of
All
that is Good.


blessings, friends.
et

No comments:

Post a Comment