Monday, October 7, 2019

I Am Resilient

I just discovered an amazing artist called Rising Appalachia. Their song "Harmonize" is deeply moving. Moving in that it makes me want to grow. Moving in that it makes me want to dance. I also love their song "Resilient" and this rendition by a women's choir in Santa Cruz:


These lyrics speak to me:

These times are poignant
The winds have shifted
It's all we can do
To stay uplifted


Just taking one day as it comes. Counting my blessings and trying not to get stuck in the quicksand of defeatism.

Today overall has been a decent day. Was able to go to work, go grocery shopping, go for a short walk. I am not terribly comfortable, but I'm not in excruciating pain like last week. The weather makes such a difference. 

Still, I face reality. A month ago I was talking about going to Costa Rica for Thanksgiving. At this point, that's out of the question. Maybe next year. Another time, child.

I am resilient
I trust the movement

and perhaps the stillness.

may grace and peace be yours, friends.
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment