Thursday, October 17, 2019

Shopping Spree

There's a movie on Netflix that I love, I've seen it several times now. It's called Wine Country (starring Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Rachel Dratch, Tina Fey, and more), and it's about a group of gal pals who go to (you guessed it) Wine Country for a reunion. They've been friends since they all worked together at Antonio's Pizzeria in Chicago, in the '90s, an era dubbed "the pizza trenches." Now middle aged, their lives have changed significantly, and they've picked up the saying "Things we say now," comically highlighting how they need CPAP machines, regular mammograms, and help fixing a thrown-out back.

Things we say now.
Things I say now.

Over the last few days I have purchased several items for myself, in part because it is my 29th birthday in 3 days, and maybe I owe myself a treat! But more realistically, I'm purchasing these items because I need these things to support me. Physically. Medically. Chemically. Bodily. I'm sure I will be happy when my supplements and cane and colorful compression socks come in next week, as well as a much-needed new pair of glasses. But for right now I'm just sighing and nodding. On the edge of 29. All my "fun money" this month going toward medical-related purchases. Eh, such is life. Things we say now.

et

No comments:

Post a Comment