Monday, October 21, 2019

"Somehow I Manage" by Michael Scott

I think I should be promoted to Manager. It's what I do, after all. Manage symptoms. Manage expectations.

Managed to get out of bed this morning and work half the day (a little over 3 hours) before I felt a seizure coming on and headed home. Collapsed on the couch, eyes fluttering all over the place.

Everything is too bright. I wear sunglasses inside. I have my lights and laptop on the dimmest setting. I have a lavender-scented eye pillow mask that I freeze and wear over my eyes throughout the day when I can. I am very cold but also sweating a lot. My body feels very weak but my soul feels strong.

Got my cane today. Here's what she looks like:
Her name is Cleopatra, or "Patty" for short haha. She is beautiful and flexible. She helps make me more able and mobile. We are strong women, and we are not in "De-Nile." We face obstacles head on and are not ashamed to use assistance. 

Speaking of assistance, got an extension on a paper. Ordered groceries from Peapod that'll arrive tomorrow. Doing what I can. Not judging myself for things I can't. Gotta take care of me and conserve my spoons!

And if your spirit needs to soar today, here's a personal favorite figure skating program: Sasha Cohen to Celine Dion's "To Love You More" (2000). She is so expressive. Love it.



night!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment