Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Take a Buzzsaw To My Elbow, Please

I was able to go to work today (yay). With increasing joint pain (boo).

By the end of the day, after writing, typing, answering phones and just being a living human, my right hand and right forearm felt like they were on fire. If I had looked down at the end of my sleeve and spied my sweater was singed, I would not have been surprised in the least. It's a strange pain that I can't really describe. It talks to me. It wants to have a name, like an exotic cologne you could never forget. Burn. Hiss. Turmoil. Havoc. Or like a biblical character or experience. Israel. A wrestling that will leave me marked, and with a new name. Rend.

Today is October 1. Fall is just beginning. I am a person who lives with great hope and still am grounded in reality. I expect my symptoms will continue to worsen as the seasons change and the barometric pressure falls. I was grateful today that my commute home from work is very short. Gripping the steering wheel with my right hand was not going to happen without dunking my arm in my special cologne. Obstruct. 

I do not want to leave my job.

Back to the couch. Looking forward to reviewing lots of shows and movies on Netflix. Think I'm gonna ice my arm now.

peace,
et

No comments:

Post a Comment