Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rugrats

You learn something new every day.

Today I learned that while a can of no-beans chili may have a tantalizing 2520mg of sodium (vs. 1900 in a can of chicken broth), the actual task of consuming a can of chili is a lot more difficult than the broth. Especially when the aluminum gets stuck between your teeth, that's the worst.

But seriously, my appetite is a fraction of what it was before. I don't think my tummy likes the Beta blockers. Womp. But I've been trying to read a bit about what helps POTS patients...and Miso soup has been recommended -- "nutritious and high in sodium" -- looking into it.

Migraines and chest pain today. It's been one week since I started the Rx shampoo, but my hair is still falling out pretty steadily. I think my mood's been noticeably better though, which is really important all-around. :) Sat in the sun for about 20 minutes, it really is springy out today! Light continues to be painful for my eyes, but I'm hoping maybe I can get "reconditioned" to that too. Really sore from yesterday's stretching, especially my back. Little by little...

Oh! And my dean at U of I says I can register for fall classes! He didn't really specify when...either 2 weeks or 2 months. Definitely keeping my hopes in check with the reality of a long-term healing process, but it's still nice that they'll let me hold a spot. :)

Reptar!
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment