Dr. Bodkin just faxed over my charts...and holy moley, I'm pretty sure both doctors read it wrong. The results summary says my heart rate went from 104-140. The chart says that upon starting, my resting HR was 104 bpm; it peaked at 152 bpm at 22 minutes, and ended at 147 bpm at 40 minutes (the end of the standing). Nine minutes later, when I was supine, it landed at 90 bpm.
Wouldn't it make sense, then, for the summary to say that my heart rate range was 90-152? That's a pretty significant difference, and might make the difference in a diagnosis of orthostasis. The exact quote from the report: "The patient completed the entire protocol with no significant events occurring." hmm...
Rar. Will show this to Dr. Cooley next week.
All the EKGs performed came back normal.
Symptoms recorded during exam:
- 2 minutes into test: felt like I was "lurching back and forth;" felt like I was going to fall on my face
- 3 min: seeing black spots
- 13 min: hands very cold
- 15 min: fingertips numb; very tired
- 18 min: nauseous
- 21 : feeling hot
- 23: chest pain (I think at this point I was having really bad brain fog. I remember him asking me to repeat what I said for most of the remaining symptoms because I wasn't making much sense.)
- 25: hard to swallow, asked for water
- 30: chest pain a lot worse on my right side
- 35: fingers tingling
- 39: right elbow hurts
- 6 minutes after being supine: really distorted sense of balance. The table returned to approx. a 15 degree angle; I felt like my head was much lower than the rest of my body, inches away from the floor. Face hurt like I'd been hit by a truck.
Per sibling request, I am adding the movie quote guessing game to the end of each post from now on. One guess per sibling, unlimited guesses for everybody else.
"I dunno. This is espresso, you know? It's like Coffee-zilla."
"I said I'm hip."
P.S. Forgot to put the highlights from my blood pressure:
- 1 min 130/76
- 9 min 113/79
- 17 min 112/60
- 20 min 130/70
- 24 min 104/ 50
- 30 min 110/71
- 35 min 109/59
- 40 min 106/60
- 2 min after being supine: 97/70
- 9 min after: 113/67
Anyway, thanks guys! God Bless! :)