Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Temperature today of only 98.9!! Lowest it's been in a while. Last day of Prednisone--rejoice!

Really awful migraines last night, plus jaw and ear pain. Went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep around 2, up again at 6. Not sure if I slept any more after that. Kept having paranoia, like sitting up and freaking out because I didn't remember my name or where I was.

My GP doesn't do tilt table tests, so we're trying to set one up through Lake Forest Hospital. My mom is most excellent, and she's found a ton of information on POTS, including who best treats it. There are only 2 "POTS-approved" MDs in Illinois, and 3 in Wisconsin. It's a very new disease, and most doctors don't know much about POTS. We have an appt to see a doctor in Milwaukee in 2 weeks, assuming the tilt table test comes back positive.

In other news, we've switched from Ibuprofen to Tylenol. Woo. Still aching.

I really don't feel like myself today, so I'll stop before I say something stupid.

emma

1 comment:

  1. "like sitting up and freaking out because I didn't remember my name or where I was."

    Wow, Emma. wow. I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete