Friday, February 27, 2009

One Week - BNL

Spoke with the rheumatologist today. She supports another week of Prednisone (15mg/day), but did not seem particularly encouraged by my recent, small improvements of mental clarity. She wants me to pay closer attention to my musculo-skeletal symptoms. I think I need to start keeping an hourly journal. My symptoms have been so up-and-down lately.

Only slept about 8 hours last night. Had lots of trouble falling asleep. So bored. I mean, seriously. For the past 18 years, I have been the definition of the over-scheduled child. Not that that's a bad thing! I like being involved, exploring my interests, utilizing my time and my gifts, being an advocate. Not being a couch potato. For so long, my plan was to impact people, perceptions, whatever. Now I feel like I impact two things: my sofa, and my doctors' bank accounts.

Surely this will change. But for now I am trying to keep myself busy. Boredom doesn't suit me. Nor do heart palpitations, headaches, extreme drowsiness, joint pain in wrists, hands, shoulders, elbows, hips, backache, neckache, stomachache, chest pain, earache, and continued difficulty reading.

Bah. Maybe the Prednisone is just wishful thinking.

In other news, our microwave went on strike, and the new one is humongous. Julia fits in the box.

how many bags of popcorn can you pop at once?
hmm...
emma

1 comment:

  1. Another week??? Bah.

    You said: "For the past 18 years, I have been the definition of the over-scheduled child. Not that that's a bad thing! I like being involved, exploring my interests, utilizing my time and my gifts, being an advocate. Not being a couch potato. "
    I certainly advocate involvement and exploring your interests and not being a couch potato. But, as always, I'm concerned about overdoing it. Don't feel like you have to do everything. Of course, at the moment you're bored and bedridden, so it makes sense to do *something* to take your mind off things, and so you can accomplish something. That's why I support this blog, for instance.

    Anyway, yay for huge microwaves, or Megawaves, or whatever =)

    ReplyDelete