Totally exhausted, but I gotta get something down before I forget. Or pass out.
Dr. Gilden is very knowledgeable about POTS & autonomic dysfunction. She also said "Only time will tell" about a dozen times. Yeah. Ouch.
(HTML, you stink. Where is the bullet point button?)
- 10 vials of blood for a panel of 14 tests. man oh man. PLEASE no more fasting!
- 12 blood pressure tests. A little lower than at Mayo, but still around 100/60 standing, so not too bad. Heart-rate jumped from 79 sitting to 109 standing. Gosh dern!
- THE most awkward EKG...like, ever. =P
- Will be doing an at-home 3-day blood sugar monitor soon.
- Getting off iron supplement and potassium supplement; might be contributing to my upset stomach. Will try to replace both in my diet.
- No explanation for 3-month fever. Gah.
- Emphasis on exercise. So easy for a healthy person to say. I'm trying.
We'll see her in a week or two to discuss the test results. Might put me on Midodrine. I'm a little confused because she says I have orthostatic hypotension? I was really out of it, I don't know, whatever, we'll talk about it.
Gonna go rest now.
hospital gowns mean hospital FROWNS!