Thursday, May 14, 2009

Catching Up

Doing a little bit better today. Taking advantage of it. Been meaning to write this one for a while.

Most people have no idea what to say to someone with POTS or another chronic illness.

My Top 3:
  1. How are you feeling?
  2. I'm thinking of you. / My heart goes out to you. / My prayers are with you. / etc
  3. That sucks!
And I'm totally serious about saying it sucks. Awkward silence? Not sure what to say? "This just sucks." See? =)

My other advice: stay away from the phrase, "I know exactly how you feel." Hm, yeah. Unless you have or have had POTS, prob not so much.

Thanks for ALL your comments! Okee, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Slept SO much better last night, seeing improvement today. One thing I should mention, just for my fellow POTS patients, is that I've lost a considerable amount of weight in the last week or so. I don't think we should be worried [yet], as I had gained a lot on Prednisone most recently. I'm now about where I was when I left for school last August. Just something else to ask Dr. Gilden about on Tuesday.

Yesterday my sister had her choir concert! And I made it through 30 minutes of it! She was so terrific, lemme tell ya. "Je le Vous Diray" was flawless! I was so glad I was able to make it, even if I had to go home terribly early. Half an hour of sitting up, heart rate jumped to about 105 bpm. Super dizzy, hard to keep my eyes open. Bleh.

But Julia is awesome!

Go Cubs Go!
emma

2 comments:

  1. Sickness Sucks.
    (sounds like a bumper sticker or something)

    "My other advice: stay away from the phrase, "I know exactly how you feel." Hm, yeah. Unless you have or have had POTS, prob not so much."
    Yeah, that's a bad one. I, for one, admit that I don't fully know how you feel. All I can for certain is that it's bad, and you don't deserve it.

    Glad you were able to see part of Julia's concert.
    Sorry you've been feeling bad otherwise.

    Keep writing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you have your top 3 things to say to you on here!

    I am a HUGE fan of "That sucks...this sucks...sickness sucks!"

    Thinking of you!!!

    Praying for you!!

    Looking forward to hearing about what happends on Tuesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete