Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Drumstick

whoa.

k, so, this morning I woke up...and I felt halfway decent! So I thought I'd try a few minutes on the stationary bike...and 20 minutes later, I still felt decent! Revolutionary! (Oh, I am SO full of puns.)

And then I was totally hyper for almost 2 hours! Aah! I cleaned my room a little! I unpacked a little! I carried my own laundry all the way downstairs! It kinda felt I'd been injected with 10 pots of coffee! I almost felt like my old self. Well, maybe my old self on a crazy caffeine jolt. (Plus nausea, some abdominal pain, eye dryness and oversensitivity to light and sound.)

Then the clock struck 11:15 and I crashed. Bummer. It was like the wind was knocked out of me. Spent the next 3 hours in bed with all the old symptoms. :(

A few more Dr's appt highlights:

  • Neck trauma may or may not have led to POTS
  • No sodium tablets or magnesium supplements for now; again, trying to add naturally in diet
  • Many POTS patients find the transition into summer their worst time of year.

Best part about today: I found my collection of drawings saved from the kids I used to babysit. :D I'm so glad I labeled their priceless works of art with the original titles. One five-year-old's meticulous depiction of squares, triangles, and circles is aptly named "Definitely Not Shapes." I also like the scribble one called "The Babysitter Sleeping."

hahaha!

zzz,
et

3 comments:

  1. Your day sounds like a great Volt ad. Attack the day, attack your laundry, and pin you matress into submission. The Douglas Adams 'hitchhiker's guide' series has live matresses on one planet. Would it be animal cruelty to sleep on one? Is it an alpha-male contest? <- May explain away wetting the bed. And if you feel like you can't get up in the morning; matresses are like venus fly traps, ready to spring (or memory foam) upon its prey. Drink volt it'll make you scream out, "I am not matress Food!"

    Your going to have a lot more good days ahead, so make sure you don't miss out on them. J.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emma!! I miss your excellent punnyness. I miss you!!
    I'm glad you at least had a bit of energy today, albeit only a short burst. Hopefully this you-feeling-decent trend will recur?? Hopehopehopehopehooooope

    <3 the countess of hanover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you felt descent for awhile. Sorry that you crashed, but I guess that comes with the territory. It's all two-steps-forward-one-step-back.

    also, yay puns and yay drawings

    ReplyDelete