Monday, November 11, 2019

Snow & HRV/emWave & Orphans

Well it's 11/11... somebody must've wished for snow! We got a good 3 inches or so over the last 24 hours, almost all of it overnight. I'm not sure if it's because of the timing of the snow, but this time around was much less difficult for me than the last time it snowed. I still had a migraine and found the sun and snow to be painfully bright, but I was able to get out of bed and do a few small things.

Faithfully doing my HRV sessions (Heart Rate Variability) on my emWave2 by HeartMath. I run my sessions while sitting up in bed, surrounded by pillows, which is good since I fainted during my session this morning. Combination of being sleepy and being lightheaded, high heart rate and low blood pressure! I'm ok. I just have a long way to go before I can tolerate the exercises and integrate the breathing patterns and coherence training to help manage my symptoms.

Yesterday K.V. and I went to my very favorite animal shelter, Orphans of the Storm, to get some snuggles and lovin' from dogs and cats. I was/am still sad about Sasha, but it was so healing to be around animals. I feel like it's what she would want for me. It was quite an experience to be in the cat wing on a busy Sunday -- very enthusiastic volunteers and staff placed a new cat in my arms every few minutes it seemed! K.V. joked, is this a shelter or a car dealership? They act like they are working on commission! Sell sell sell! Always be closing! Here come the cats! There go the cats! Get 'em while they're hot! It was a great outing and really cheered me up.

So happy my pastor is visiting me tomorrow. Human interaction is wonderful. Also she is wonderful. Double wonderful!

Stay warm! High of 20 degrees tomorrow? Brr!

peace,
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment