Last night my mom and I went downtown to see Ellen DeGeneres! We got great seats - kudos to my dad! The whole evening was fun, but very demanding physically. The show will be broadcast on TBS next week; cameras exciting, microphones exciting, DJ exciting, but really? We came (and paid!) for Ellen to come entertain us, not for us to entertain the home audience with our dance moves. I liked grooving and singing along... but agh. So many commercial breaks. "Everybody on your feet! Let me hear you scream! Hands in the air! You're on TV!" *rolls eyes*
It's just so frustrating. POTS is such a pain! My heart was pounding so hard and so fast; my calves were tense and shaking from standing too much; I felt out of breath; I was - and still am - exhausted. The lights were so bright, and the speakers were so loud. What the heck. Agh. Ears still ringing.
But it was still an enjoyable evening! Highlights:
- Laughing pins crack me up.
- FREE CANDY.
- Sweet Home Chicago!
- Video intro - Ellen runs all over the city.
- Ellen waved directly at us! :D
- She TOTALLY aimed that prize-winning tennis ball at me. The guy next to us got it though. Psh. As if that matters. I know she meant it for me!
- I was picked to ask a question. And it was a good question. But they ran out of time. Yes, they ran out of time after six people were like, "OMIGAWD! Ellen! hihihi...umm...we have the same birthday! Will you have a birthday party with me?" Like what the heck kind of waste of a question is that. Six questions about birthdays. Doy, people. Missing the point.
- Got to sit in the front row after the show...pretending we'd snagged a tennis ball. The pair next to us were kind enough to adopt us for the moment. Haha. We pull bits like this all the time.
- I got a picture with Nick Cannon! [DJ, main guy from Drumline, etc]
- Next time we will meet Ellen, I'm tellin ya!
I estimate a week to recover from these couple days. My poor little hyper heart!
Keepin my feet up and my spirits high,