Tuesday, December 3, 2019

You Are The Source Of My Strength

Betcha thought this was gonna be a religious post. :)

God/Jesus/Holy Spirit... y'all are fab and I love you a bunch.

But today I realized that the source of my strength when I am having a terrible, awful, no-good-very-bad-day is none other than sweet, sweet internet access. My entire town, or so I'm told, had no internet for over 12 hours today. Some also had no TV or power at all.

No Netflix. None of my other streaming services on my TV.
No email.
No podcasts.
No YouTube.
No access to Moodle (my seminary's online server).
No music on Pandora or Spotify.
No Facebook.
No GoogleDocs.

Cut off from practically everything I rely on every day. And I hadn't seen or spoken to another human in 48 hours.

After only a couple of hours of feeling lousy and having nothing to take my mind off the pain, I feared I was descending into madness (haha). Luckily I was able to use my iPhone's hotspot feature to listen to podcasts...although I wonder how much data that ate up!

It's funny and maybe a bit frightening how dependent we are (or at least I am) on technology, particularly the internet. I'm so grateful for the folks who repaired everything, and grateful that most days I have fast, reliable internet that connects me to the world.

I am exhausted and hoping tomorrow is a better day.

love,
et

No comments:

Post a Comment