Friday, December 13, 2019

"Crushin' It"

I did it! I made it to the weekend! My legs are like jelly! I am sore but happy!

I am excited because holiday decorations are up in my office. Feeling festive. I even found some cute window clings (in the depths of the supply closet) to put on our cubicles! Good cheer all around.

Due to some changes in staffing, I finally had the opportunity to move back to a desk in the ops hub after being the lone operations person stationed in the accounting department for the last 6-8 months. In ops I'm back surrounded by the people I work most closely with, including my department (customer service) and my bosses. One of my supervisors loves to ask how people are doing, and if they say they're doing well, he immediately follows up with, "Oh yeah? Crushin' it?!"

I look a bit different than I did 2 months ago when I began my leave of absence. I use a cane most of the time. I've put on some weight. Apparently my face and neck look puffy, as one co-worker told me when she asked if I was on steroids. (Adding to the list of things not to say to people!) But when my supervisor asked me today how I was doing, I immediately said I was crushin' it. I have gotten off the couch every day for the last 5 days in a row. That is good news indeed!

And now I will rest, rest, rest.

mittens!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment