Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Thirst

I am doing ok. Been able to go to work the last couple days, but still struggling with screens and lights being very bright at times. Just trying to take regular breaks and rest my eyes during my evenings/weekends too.

The thing about POTS is that it comes with a whole host of weird symptoms that may change over time. In the last few days I've developed an unspeakable, insatiable thirst. It doesn't matter how many glasses of water I chug, how many cups of coffee or juice or tea or whatever - I am perpetually thirsty. I will wake up in the middle of the night completely parched. And so I drink and drink and drink (and pee and pee)...

I'm trying to think of a metaphor for this strange symptom. It's just totally consuming. I think my brain is sounding the alarm like around the clock that I'm dangerously dehydrated. It doesn't make sense to me.

I am tired and, surprise, thirsty. Good night.

Later days!
et

No comments:

Post a Comment