Tuesday, December 2, 2014

"Higher Love" / Steve Winwood

Today I got dressed. It was a big deal.

Spent most of the day in my pajamas doing some serious resting or shaking uncontrollably. It was scary. My brother is the best and sat with me for over an hour. Got up the determination to visit my mom (since I hadn't seen her since Sunday night). Lasted 45 minutes before I motioned that I needed to be lying down again. But it is truly the highlight of my day to be with my mom, to walk down the hall at hospice with her and "Skippy" (our name for the wheely pole with her pump), making sure we don't forget Skippy because he's our good buddy! And we don't want the tube to yank us. We ate dinner by the fire. I want so desperately to be able-bodied. Trying to see the silver lining here. I'm forced to take care of myself and not take on too much responsibility? Sigh.

Not getting enough oxygen to my brain makes me pretty goofy. So I make up the words to 80s songs in the car!

Goodnight.

emma

No comments:

Post a Comment