Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sherwood Forest

Reading. Is. So. Fun. My. Brain. Is so. PRETTY!

 Over the weekend I went to the mall. (Whoa! I love the mall!) I mean, before it was just a mall, but now it's like "Look at me conquering the world." Walking! Touching clothes. Admiring landscapes at the art gallery (soon-to-be-out-of-business - big markdowns). And always staying away from the Scary Area for Sticky, Screaming Children. That's right, I know you know what I'm talking about.

I love mental stamina. Even when my body's giving out, I'm not so overwhelmed by things. Big/small places, lots of people, lots of aisles, too much merchandise, too many price/size tags, voices over the loudspeaker-- normally any one of those could cause me to get dizzy or confused.. The trip wouldn't be worth it, let alone enjoyable. But my cognitive function has been great lately! (Thanks to the Max GXL?) It's a huge step for me, to not only find what I was looking for, but then be able to browse a bookstore and read! books! for a long period of time! while standing! Praise the Lord. Good, good stuff. Someday I'll have days like that every day.

Physically, I'm doing okay. Biggest concern right now is eating. I don't have much appetite. Sometimes food tastes like ash. Still I cannot afford to lose any more weight. Drinking Ensure, plenty of water, Gatorade. Trying to eat mindlessly just to get enough calories. I find I'm not producing as much saliva. It slows down my eating; I have to chew more, so my jaw gets tired and even cramps. Silly of sillies!

Fair trade products are the best! Support farmers and artisans from around the world. Free catalog at www.serrv.org

Happy Thanksgiving! (If you're in town over break, I'd love to see ya! Txt it.)

fleece and flannel fluffy panels,
et

2 comments:

  1. Besides the eating, this post is so awesome. Praise the Lord! You rock, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog, I have POTS too and I live in Chicagoland (the theme park, lol)! :)

    ReplyDelete