Friday, January 25, 2013

TGIF

"Worked" another 20 hours this week, getting trained. I am ready to have normal shifts, people! I'm tired after being in practically every day for the past 3 weeks. It's 8pm on a Friday and I'm in my jammies and going to bed pretty soon here. Must not burn out!

Highlights of the week:
  • Started class! Sociology! My prof seems great and I'm looking forward to learning about the subject. Plus, upon reading the syllabus, NO GROUP PROJECTS! I was worried about that, seeing that many of my classmates texted throughout the first two class periods. (Kids these days.) Anyway. School. Yay!
  • Seeing people I know at the gym! Former band director, physics teacher, old acquaintance's parents. It's fun. I like being up front.
  • Making 30 cold-calls to business partners. Smiling and talking are two of my favorite things!
Things with Mom are rough. She's in the hospital tonight. I'm sure she'll write about it on her blog. Thank you to everyone who's expressed such kindness. Things will be difficult for a few months around here. Whatever prayers, loving thoughts, or support you can offer (and have offered) is so very appreciated.

sweet dreams, friends.
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment