Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Baby Boy Birthday Bingo

My brother and sister-in-law's baby is expected to arrive any day now. How exciting, and at the same time, depressing for me. If the kid doesn't pop in the next 5 hours (adjusted for Mountain Time), I will LOSE the family pool for guessing his birthday. No! Is it so much to ask, little buddy, to give your Aunt Em a lifetime's worth of bragging rights? Sigh. It's the least you could do. ;-)

Meanwhile, I am in crazy-woman mode getting ready for the Dallas trip. Woo-hoo! Two days to departure! My mom and I realized that we'll be gone for 17 days-- the longest either of us has been away from home (besides college). It's full-size shampoo all the way! And maybe bringing the dog. No, seriously.

I have a huge assortment of music CDs, books on CD, and comedy CDs. (Obviously we're not mp3-savvy like the rest of this century. Hey, everyone's an idiot at something.) Looking forward to the road trip and seeing some family along the way.

Yesterday was a "great" day and I was able to do a lot of laundry. Today I had to cancel my plans because I couldn't get out of bed, the rain was so tiring to me. I fell back to sleep for 3 hours and am still drowsy. It's amazing, the weather can just wipe me out! Hoping for sunny, cool travel days.

This trip is a HUGE sacrifice for my mom, who will be out of her office (but still working!) for two weeks. I promise, this is going to be the last heroic trip like this. We are coming back with answers, with a real-live action plan.

Come on, little boy! 4 hours and 45 minutes! You can do it!

love,
emma

No comments:

Post a Comment