Friday, June 25, 2010

The Magic Locket by Elizabeth Koda-Callan

Happy 9th Birthday, Zachary! [New rule: kids who wave at me from the day camp bus get special shout-outs.]

Bad thunderstorms this week have been rocky for me. Probably the worst day I had this year. Keeping stocked up on entertainment for my couch-bound hours - it's supposed to rain more this weekend. "Ace of Cakes" and Fern Gully!

My neighbor asked me to sit for her family this summer -- five beautiful Israeli kids who visit annually. Had to turn it down. Stuff like that feels awful. I missed the Backstreet Boys concert last week because I had a bad day. When will anyone be able to count on me again? (I'm sorry, Brian Littrell!)

I'm doing well at the moment. That's all. I'm determined to go DO something.

et

1 comment:

  1. Aw, that sucks, Emma! I feel your pain somewhat (although not to your extent). But, there will be a day where you won't have to turn ANYTHING down unless you want to. It's going to be better than you can imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete