Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Back at Home

Hello everyone! Sorry this post is so delayed. The last couple days in Dallas were hectic, then we drove for two days, and then I needed a couple days just to get re-acclimated here. And now, the news.
  • Welcome baby boy! Charles "Charlie" James Trevor was born on October 30, 2012 to my brother Matt and sister-in-law Katie. Eight pounds, nine oz., 20.5" long. Lookin' good, Champ! After some time in the NICU, Gnarly Charlie/Chocolate Chip/Chuckles/Chiclet came home from the hospital today. His Auntie Em gets to meet him in Colorado Springs in... 11 days!   [pics will go here...when I'm not so tech-stupid] 
  •  My last two days of treatment (Nov 1 &2) went very well. It's amazing how a solid night's sleep can make a world of difference. Plus Mom and Dad took me to a dueling piano bar in Dallas which was SO fun. I sang like crazy. Like craaazy! It was a great way to celebrate my improvement (and also force baby pictures on total strangers). Aw, proud Dad and Mom are now proud Gramp and Grammy. :)
  •  I got all the software and equipment for my continued at-home treatment set up. Four days on my own, and everything's going well. I have a pretty "demanding" schedule in that I have to do the following every day:
    •  sleep 10 hours
    • 10 minutes of breathing/temp. training as soon as I get up
    • supplement/eat, then 20 min of HRV (heart rate variability) training
    • kick around for a couple hours, eat lunch, supplements
    • take a 30-60 min nap
    • 25 min relaxation and temp. training
    • exercise up to 45 min
    • kick around in the afternoon/evening. eat.
    • nothing stressful an hour before bed
    • supplements/10 min breathing/ sleep
    • and 1 hour or less of TV a day
 But hey, I'm not complaining! I left the Center feeling about 30-40% better. Dr. K is confident (again, promising but not using that word exactly) that if I stick with the at-home training, I will be 100% better in 6-8 weeks. She says to plan on it. I will be driving. I will be able to go to school and work. Skeptics should take a good long look at my eyes. They are not dilated at ALL anymore. Check out my skin. There's color in my cheeks again. I am reading! BOOKS! Goooo brain!

Now I'll admit, the last few days here haven't been my best-- even had a small seizure yesterday. But I'm convinced this is just my body, my nervous system working its kinks out. I am making progress!

In other news, I'm SO happy to be home! With my dog! And my cat! And my other cat! And my friends! And my DVR! And yeah, even my brother. ;-) Home is the best. I never want to stay in a hotel again. That is...until I get to see the NEPHEW! Ohh, babycakes. This is gonna be fun.

later, lovers! smile!


  1. Emma,
    What enthusiasm in your "voice!" Soo happy to read all of this -- and continued prayers for you and your awesome self!

  2. Wow, Emma! So nice to hear your journey towards health seems to be taking a major upswing! How did you hear about this doc in Dallas? I have a nursing student who has POTS who is doing well. I believe she is not as severely affected as you are.

    Thinking of you and praying for you!

    Beth Nudelman